vrijdag 7 oktober 2011

Lush Christmas!

I went to the Christmas VIP hosted by the lovely lushies in Antwerp. We were greeted with Christmas music, which was kinda weird giving the time of year, but it really set the mood. We could browse around and sniff all the products. I was very excited for the Candy Cane soap, cause I'm totally addicted to peppermint (my brother calls me a koala). Unfortunately this was the one product that didn't arrive yet. So sad! Anyway, I did purchase a fair amount of Christmas goodies. 

My baggy and the goodies.





The second item I was very excited about was the Magic Wand. It's a combination of a bubble bar and a bath melt. You're supposed to run a bath and then stir the wand in the water 'till you think you have enough bubbles. Place the wand somewhere on the side where it can dry. That's right, this thing is reusable! And it smells soooo good. It reminds me of a german piece of cherry candy called Maoam. 



Price: €8,95     £4,95     $8,95

One of the most popular items last year was Gingerbread House, and yes, this year it's back for another round. Ginger and spice and all things nice. I love the sent of this bubblebar. With ginger and cinnamon it's the typical spicey christmas sent!



Price: € 5,50     £2,95     $6,95

A new item this year is Rocketeer. I picked this one for the boyfriend cause I want him to try some Lush stuff so he'd understand why I'm so in love with the products. Inspired on a 1950's childrens toy, this bath ballistic is a great deal of fun. It's specially designed so it can float. That way it moves on top of the water as it fizzes. 



Price: €4,95     £2,75     $6,95

The next item I was eager to try was the Pow Wow lip scrub. During the winter my lips chap like crazy so a lip scrub is a welcome treat every now and then. With jojoba oil and argan oil, it leaves your lips super soft. Speaking of leafs, it also contains spinach. Don't worry, it tastes like sour apple candy. Oh yeah, did I mention it's made out of popping candy? 




Price: €8,95      £4,75     $8,95

When you're done scrubbing your lips, apply the Celebrate lip tint. The inspiration for this product comes from a glass of pink champagne. I love this pale pink colour. It gives your lips a natural, yet somewhat more special shine. 




Price: € 9,25     £4,75     $8,95


This year no Iced Wine but Jilted Elf. A shower jelly based on vodka and essentials oils like ginger, cinnamon and grapefruit. Where the Gingerbread House is the typical spicey christmas sent, the Jilted Elf is a typical sweet christmas sent. It has lots of silver sparkles in it, but they don't rub off. 





Price: €6,95/100gr-€14,95/240gr     £3,95/100gr-£7,95/240gr     $5,95/3,5 fl.oz.-10,95/8,5 fl.oz


Probably the cutest item of the whole christmas collection is the Melting Snowman. This bath melt smells chocolatey. No wonder, cause the eyes and buttons of the snowman are made of chocolate. It's nose is a piece of carmelized ginger. Nommie!




Price: €3,95     £1,95     $5,95


An oldie but a goodie is the Cinders bath ballistic. I just love the pretty colours and the spicey yet fruity smell. The little orange chunks in the middle are pieces of popping candy. When you use the bath ballistic, they pieces of candy start to make crackling sounds like the sound of wood burning in an open fireplace.





Price: €3,75     £1,95     $4,95


Runner up for the cutest item of the bunch award is the Abombinaball bath ballistic. This bath ballistic represents a yeti, or a snow monster if you please. I don't know why but it reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Moe's won a price consisting of his face being on front of a Duff calendar. It's the forced grin I guess. Anyway, this cutiepie smells like peppermint and has lots of pretty colours. But that's not all. If you shake it, you can hear something ratteling inside. I don't what's in it yet, but when I do find out, I'm not going to tell it, cause that would ruin the surprise, no?





Price: €5,95     £2,95     $6,95


As for the soaps, our friends from last year are back: Angel's Delight, Northern Lights, Snowcake and Snow Globe. The special guest, Candy Cane, wasn't available yet, but the lovely lushies did manage to let us smell a sample piece and oh my, want, want, want! It smells soooo good. As soon as this soap arrives, I'm stocking up. I did however buy two pieces of soap, namely Angels Delight (the smell, the colours, the glitter) and Northern Lights (the crazy colour had me mezmerized). 




Angel's Delight

Northern Lights
Prices:
Angels Delight:   €4,50/100gr     £2,50/100gr      $5,95/3,5oz.
Northern Lights:  €5,95/100gr     £3,25/100gr      $7,95/3,5oz.
Snowcake:          €5,50/100gr     £2,95/100gr      $7,95/3,5oz.
Snow Globe:       €4,50/100gr     £2,50/100gr      $7,95/3,5oz.
Candy Cane:      €4,95/100gr      £2,75/100gr      $6,95/3,5oz.


Well, that's about it. 
I hope you liked my Lush Christmas haul. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy so extra items. Everything looked and smelled so amazing! 


What are you buying this year?


Oh yeah: a big applause for Annelies, a girl I just met during the VIP, who gave me a one of her last two 10% off coupons. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten