zondag 27 november 2011

Dermablend: Is this hype a hit?


I saw this clip for the first time when the boyfriend was in the States. So I asked him to bring back some dermablend goodies. This is what he brought along.



Not a lot of people know that I have a tattoo. Hell, even my own father didn't know till my aunt ratted me out. Funny story actually! The day I got my tattoo was a very hot one. Everyone was walking around in tank tops and shorts. Since I got the tattoo in the back of my neck and I didn't want my father to find out, I walked around with a big wool scarf. Now, when I don't want people to see my tattoo or when I have to work in a professional environment, I just let my hair down. But for you guys, I'm wearing my hair up today and baring it all! Here we go!


Given the location of my tattoo, the boyfriend had to help me apply the products. We used the Leg and Body Cover in Ivory and the Setting Powder in Orginal.




First he applied the Leg and Body Cover with a sponge, then he used a duo fibre brush to apply the Setting Powder. 

This is the result after one layer.


Don't mind the grey hair. He got a bit carried away with the Setting Powder.

The result after two layers.


And the finished result after an astonishing six layers! 


You can still see some of the contours but that's because we used the flash. In natural light you can't see anything. It was really weird seeing my neck like that. Ok, I know, you don't see the back of your own neck that often, but still, whenever I do my hair up, I see it and now it looked so naked. 

I like the finished result but I don't like the fact that it took six layers to get it this way. For a small tattoo like this it already took about ten minutes so I can only imagine how much work you should put in a sleeve or something else more elaborated. 

Price wise I think the products, for me personally, are a bargain. The Leg and Body Cover costs 27 USD for 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) and the Setting Powder costs 22 USD for 28g (1 oz.). Like I said, I only have a small tattoo, so the amount of product will last me long. 

For more information visit dermablend.com.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Ik kwam via google bij dit artikel, zou dit ook een verdikt rood litteken kunnen afdekken?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ik zou het rood eerst neutraliseren met een groene concealer (kan je in de Hema vinden) en dan met de dermablend leg and body cover erovergaan. Je zal wel steeds de verdikking blijven zien, maar als je het goed mateert met een poeder zoals the setting powder, valt het minder op. Veel succes ermee!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Bedankt voor je antwoord, dat hij minder opvalt is al heel wat want hij is wel heel donker op dit moment dus daar bel ik al blij mee. Binnenkort maar een tube bestellen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen